A Celebration of Latin American Jewish Culture
The only festival of its kind in the world!
“The festival’s focus is on the Latino Jewish community whose presence and contribution has really grown in Vancouver with immigration from various Latin American countries. We have a significant Spanish speaking community of both Ashkenazi and Sephardic traditions and our aim is to present some of the world class artists in our midst as well as guest performers from Latin America.”
- The two big dance events (Milonga (Tango), Aug. 3, Brazilian Klezmer Aug. 8): $20 ($15 students/seniors)
- Films (7:30 pm each evening): $7 ($5 students/seniors)
- Lectures (4:30 pm each afternoon): $7 ($5 students/seniors)
- Festival pass: $80 (early bird); after July 1, $90
- A partial pass will also be available (1 dance evening plus 2 lectures and 2 films, $60).
- A VIP pass which includes everything plus food and drink (2 glasses per event) $180 ($300 for a couple).
All screenings will be in the Auditorium, 7:30 pm. Admission: $7.00 ($5 students & seniors). Refreshments will be available.
August 4: Los Gauchos Judíos [Argentina]
August 5: The Fire Within [Perú]
August 6: Nora’s Will [México]
August 7: An Unknown Country (with Q & A with the director, Eva Zelig) [Ecuador]
August 9: The German Doctor [Argentina]
For details on these films, follow this link:
Lectures and other presentations
August 4, 1:00 pm Children’s story workshop (English & Spanish): Silvana Goldemberg
August 5, 4:30 pm Los Judíos y el Tango [Tango – the Jewish Connection] (mostly English): Amijai Shalev
August 6, 4:30 pm The Song of Lilith [El Canto de Lilith] (English): Liliana Kleiner
August 7, 4:30 pm Absent but not Forgotten [Los Ausentes no son Olvidados] English and Spanish: Helen Waldstein and Dafne Blanco
August 8, 4:30 pm Transgenerational Therapy (Spanish): Ruben Fistemberg
August 9, 4:30 pm The reality of the situation of the Jewish community of Venezuela (English): Jack Goihman.
Follow the link to get your pass or admissions to any of the events. Or call the Peretz office, 604-325-1812 ext. 2. Tickets for individual event
For more information and sponsorship opportunities:
Realizador: David Skulski firstname.lastname@example.org
604-325-1812 Ext 2 www.peretz-centre.org